About the La Valencia Hotel
- How many rooms does the Hotel La Valencia have? The hotel offers 114 spacious rooms, suites, and villas with luxurious furnishings, chic décor, and a range of modern amenities.
- Does La Valencia Hotel offer valet parking?
Overnight valet parking is available for all hotel guests for $25 per night. Day valet parking is available for $15. Self-parking is not available in our secured parking lot.
- Does the Hotel La Valencia offer accessible rooms? Our hotel in La Jolla offers accessible rooms and villas for guests with disabilities. These accommodations have accessibility features like roll-in showers, an accessible bathtub, lowered light switches, a wheelchair access path between and/or around beds, and more.
- Does the Hotel La Valencia have a fitness center? Our hotel features a 24-hour fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment for a total body workout.
- Does Hotel La Valencia offer free Wi-Fi? La Valencia Hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi for guests, making it easy to connect with home and office while you travel.
- What are the top attractions near La Valencia Hotel? La Valencia Hotel is located near some of the best places to visit in La Jolla, including La Jolla Cove, Children's Pool, La Jolla Underwater Park, Torrey Pines Gliderport, and Birch Aquarium.
- Does Hotel La Valencia offer meeting and event space? The Hotel La Valencia features elaborate indoor and outdoor event space, including meeting rooms and a ballroom. Let our certified event planners help you coordinate the perfect meeting, event, wedding, or celebration.
- Does La Valencia Hotel Have Seasonal Offers Or Packages? Yes, from our Bed & Breakfast package to holiday offers and more, we are pleased to offer a number of seasonal offers and packages. For complete details, please visit our Promotions page.
- Does La Valencia Hotel Have An Online Retail Store?
La Valencia Hotel has a curated collection of branded merchandise available online. Shop La Valencia items from top brands like TravisMathew, Straight Down and Corkcicle and explore the newest apparel, accessories and holiday ornaments. Shop Now.
- Does La Valencia Hotel offer live music?
Yes. Enjoy live music from local favorites on Patio Sol every Thursday- Sunday. For the complete live music schedule, please visit our event calendar.
- What Should I Expect When I Stay At La Valencia Hotel?
Our team remains dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable stay for our guests. To learn more about what to expect during your next visit, please visit our Travel Information Page.
- Does La Valencia Hotel have a pool?
La Valencia Hotel has a heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Poolside food and beverage service is available daily at the cabana bar.
*Hours may vary
- What is the check-in and check-out time at La Valencia Hotel? Check-in begins at 4:00pm. Check-out is at 11:00am.
- Can I get early check-in at La Valencia Hotel? If you are arriving earlier than 4:00 pm, please note this in the notes section of your reservation. While early check-in is not guaranteed, we will try our best to accommodate this. Our team would be happy to store your luggage if your room is not ready before our guaranteed check-in time so you can enjoy our hotel and La Jolla Village.
- What Is Included With The Hotel Resort Fee?
The $39 (plus taxes) daily resort fee at our luxury hotel includes our morning jogging cart, high-speed Wi-Fi, two in-room water bottles, 24-hour fitness center & business center access, in-room coffee & tea, golf cart transportation (one-mile radius), cookies with the concierge, seasonal guest activities and entertainment, PressReader digital newspaper & magazine access, and 10% off La Valencia merchandise.
- Does La Valencia Have Two-Room Suites? We do not currently have a two-bedroom suite but we do have many connecting rooms for families traveling together. Please call our reservations team directly to explore options.
- Can I check-in late at night at La Valencia Hotel? Yes, our hotel staff is available 24/7 to check you into your room when you arrive.
- What is the cancellation policy at La Valencia Hotel? Reservations must be canceled or modified up to 3-7 days prior to arrival (depending on your dates of stay), by 12PM PST to avoid forfeiture of reservation rates & taxes total.
- Does La Valencia Sell Gift Cards?
Yes, we offer gift cards that can be redeemed for hotel stays or for dining experiences at The Med, La Sala or through in-room dining.
Please click here to order a gift card. Gift cards can be shipped or picked up at the hotel.
- How Many People Can The Guestrooms At La Valencia Accommodate? Our standard guestrooms accommodate two adults per room. There is an additional fee of $20 per person, per night for each additional guest 18 years or older. Guests 17 years old or younger stay for free.
- Do the guestrooms at La Valencia have fridges? While our rooms don't have fridges, they do have minibars that can keep non-perishable items comfortably cool.
- What is the smoking policy at La Valencia Hotel? La Valencia is a smoke-free hotel. The hotel does not allow smoking of any type anywhere on premises including but not limited to guest rooms, balconies, patios, restaurants and the pool deck. This policy also applies to electronic smoking devices. Guest rooms will be subject to smoking fees.
- Does La Valencia Hotel feature a restaurant?
Yes, our signature restaurant, the Mediterranean Room, is currently open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Brunch is also available every Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am-2:00pm. Reservations are highly encouraged, especially on the weekends.For reservations, please visit OpenTable or call (866) 905-6269.
La Sala Lounge, our iconic lobby bar, is also open daily. La Sala is currently serving beverages and select appetizers only.
In-room dining in available daily for overnight guests. For information about our dining outlets, please visit our dining page.
Café La Rue is currently closed.
- Can I Have My Wedding At La Valencia Hotel?
Yes, we would love to celebrate your wedding in La Jolla. With picturesque ocean views of La Jolla's coastline, La Valencia Hotel has been an iconic San Diego wedding venue for more than 90 years. If you're interested in learning more about hosting your wedding ceremony or reception at in La Jolla, please contact our team at [email protected].
- Can I Host My Meeting Or Special Event At La Valencia Hotel?
Yes, we would love to host your next meeting or special event. With picturesque ocean views of La Jolla's coastline, La Valencia Hotel has been an iconic San Diego event venue for more than 90 years. If you're interested in learning more about hosting your meeting or event in La Jolla, please contact our team at [email protected].
- Does La Valencia Hotel have an indoor and outdoor event space?
Yes, we have several distinctive indoor and outdoor venues perfect for intimate or grand events.
- How Many Guests Can You Accommodate In The Veranda Ballroom?
Depending on the event set-up, our ballroom can accommodate up to 150-200 guests.
- What other wedding services does La Valencia Hotel provide?
We also provide services for bridal showers, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, pre wedding gatherings and post-wedding brunches.
- Do You Have A Place For The Bride To Get Ready? Yes, we have a newly refreshed bridal dressing room.
- Is A Wedding Coordinator Provided By The Hotel? A coordinator is not provided by the hotel. The hotel does require a minimum of a professional day coordinator.
- Can We Bring In Our Own Caterer? All food & beverage must be supplied by our talented culinary team who specializes in American/Mediterranean Cuisine. Our special event menus have select diary-free, gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options.
- Can I Have A Photoshoot At La Valencia Hotel?
Advanced written approval is required for photography and/or videography shoots at La Valencia Hotel and permission must be granted by the hotel's marketing director. Approved photoshoots will incur a location fee.
To request permission to shoot on property, please email [email protected] and include details of the shoot and the desired shoot date.
- Do You Charge For Event Parking For Those Not Staying Overnight At The Hotel? Yes, we offer valet at $15.00 per car
- Can You Swim And Snorkel At The La Jolla Cove? The La Jolla Cove is San Diego’s officially designated area for swimming, snorkeling, and diving. Explore along the massive cliffs and through the ancient sea caves for close encounters with colorful fish and sea lions.
- Can I bring my pets to La Valencia Hotel? Is there a fee? Yes, we pride ourselves in being a pet-friendly property. Feel free to bring your four-legged companions along to make your La Jolla beach getaway complete. We charge an additional fee of $50 per pet per day. We also offer our Pampered Pooches Package which includes a plush dog bed and dog bowls placed in room during your stay, $25 daily credit for your pooch to enjoy our dog menu, a pink La Valencia tennis ball and waived nightly pet fee.
- Can I purchase a room at La Valencia Hotel for someone as a gift? Yes, if you would like to purchase a room for someone as a gift, please visit our online store to purchase a gift card. Gift cards are available in various denominations. Local pick up or delivery options are available at checkout.
- How Do I Get To La Valencia Hotel From The Nearest Airport? La Valencia is 13.5 miles from the San Diego International Airport. Get on I-5 N from N Harbor Dr, follow I-5 N to La Jolla Pkwy. Take exit 26A and continue on La Jolla Pkwy. Take Torrey Pines Rd and turn right to arrive at our hotel.
- Can I Park My Car At Your Hotel? Valet parking for one standard vehicle is included in the daily resort fee for overnight guests. Self-parking is not available.
- Where Are The Villas Located? Located on the west portion of our property, the Villa complex is directly adjacent to our Ocean View Pool. Take a quick elevator ride or a relaxing walk down our beautiful Spanish tile steps to get to both of our restaurants, located at the lobby level of the hotel.