Updated as of March 1, 2022*
For more information about California guidelines, please click here.
What to expect During Your Stay
Our team remains dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable stay for our guests. With safety at the forefront, we're following the guidance of San Diego County, the CDC and World Health Organization. Please continue reading to learn more about the enhancements we've made to our already strict cleaning standards and what to expect during your next visit to the heart of La Jolla.
- Face Coverings
According to the California Department of Public Health, face masks are optional for vaccinated or unvaccinated guests.*
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation Standards
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas. We use cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations
Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the property for guest use.
- Air Filter & HVAC Cleaning
The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
- Hotel Pool & Jacuzzi
Both our pool and jacuzzi are currently open.
- Thorough Cleaning & Sanitation Protocol
Prior to your arrival, guest rooms will be cleaned by a staff member wearing masks and gloves. Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols will be used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring. All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Removal of Items for Your Safety
For your safety, certain items have been removed from your room such as magazines, pens, notepads, glassware, etc. Should you need any of these items during your stay, please call our front desk and a member of our team will gladly deliver them.
- Laundry & Housekeeping
Automatic daily housekeeping services have been temporarily suspended in guestrooms, however, our housekeeping team will be more than happy to provide additional items upon request during your visit (towels, toiletries, etc.).
- In-Room Dining
Room service is available and will be served with contactless delivery.
- During your Stay
Should you become ill, self-isolate, contact local health authorities and notify us immediately. We will promptly take additional protocols for your safety and the safety of others.
- Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols
Our team continues to clean and santizie tables, chairs, common areas and high-touch areas and floors regularly.
- Pool Cabana
Food and drinks are available poolside. (Hours subject to change).
Fitness Center & Business Center
- The fitness center and business center are fully open open 24 hours a day.
Our Team's Promise
- In accordance with the California Department of Public Health, face masks are required to be worn by all La Valencia Hotel team members, regardless of vaccination status.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
- In response to the uncertainty and changing marketplace conditions, La Valencia Hotel is committed to ensuring our guests' experience flexibility and understanding during these challenging times. Please contact our reservations team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our policy based on dates of stay.
We're Here When You're Ready
- We're grateful for the continued support of our loving community and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- While we hope to see you, if you have symptoms of illness, please stay home and avoid contact with other people. We truly thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this new travel environment. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- For the most updated information on COVID-19 safety procedures and protocols, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.