La Valencia Hotel is open and welcomes all travel in accordance with the county of San Diego.
We are more focused than ever on providing a safe and comfortable stay for our guests and are following the guidance of local health authorities, the CDC and World Health Organization. Please continue reading to learn more about the enhancements we've made to our already strict cleaning standards and what to expect during your next visit to the heart of La Jolla.
Arrival & Check-In
- Self-Parking Only
To achieve social distancing requirements, we are offering self-parking only for guests. Valet parking is currently unavailable.
- Face Coverings
Per the San Diego County Health Ordinance, all employees and guests are required to wear a face covering whenever they are in a business or within six feet of another person who is not a member of their family or household. Extra masks are available at the front desk upon request.
- Physical Distancing
The front desk has been arranged to maintain six feet distance and protective glass has been installed. Physical distancing floor makers are placed in front of the reception desk. All guests should maintain a distance of six feet from others.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing
High-touch items and surfaces are sanitized regularly including the front desk, pens, bell carts. Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers are also available at the front desk and throughout the property for guest use.
Public Areas & Elevators
- Face Coverings & Physical Distancing
All guests and employees must wear a protective face covering and maintain at least six feet from others in public areas.
- Enhanced Cleanliness Standards
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas. We use cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations
Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the property for guest use.
- Air Filter & HVAC Cleaning
The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
- Hotel Pool
Our pool is open for leisure guests. All furniture is regularly cleaned and sanitized before each guest use.
Elevator capacity is limited, depending upon the size of the elevator. Signage is posted to explain the current procedures. Elevator buttons and high-touch surfaces are sanitized regularly.
- Thorough Cleaning & Sanitation Protocol
Guest rooms will be cleaned by a staff member wearing masks and gloves. Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols will be used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring. All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Removal of Items for Your Safety
For your safety, certain items have been removed from your room such as magazines, pens, notepads, ceramic coffee cups, coffeemaker, glassware, etc. Should you need any of these items during your stay, please call our front desk and a member of our team will gladly deliver them. Since our coffeemakers have been removed from the rooms, guests are invited to enjoy coffee to-go from our La Sala bar between 7:00-9:00am daily.
- Laundry & Housekeeping
Our housekeeping team will attempt to clean guest rooms every day during your stay unless the guest declines service. For the health and safety of our team members and guests, guests must be out of the room while our housekeeping team is servicing. Should a guest decide to decline housekeeping service, we're happy to deliver fresh towel and toiletries upon request. All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
- In-Room Dining
All room service is served with contactless delivery
- During your Stay
Should you become ill, self-isolate, contact local health authorities and notify us immediately. We will promptly take additional protocols for your safety and the safety of others.
- Open for Outdoor Dining Only
We're currently open for outdoor dining. Join us on our Ocean View Terrace to enjoy Chef's limited menu daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner and enjoy weekend brunch on Patio Sol every Saturday and Sunday.
- Ocean View Terrace Hours Of Operation
Sunday - Thursday | 7:00am to 8:30pm
Friday & Saturday | 7:00am to 9:00pm
- Café La Rue and La Sala are temporarily closed in accordance with state and local guidance.
- Face Coverings & Physical Distancing
All guests and employees must wear a protective face covering and maintain at least six feet from others in public areas. All seating areas have been rearranged to allow for proper social distancing.
- Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols
Tables, chairs, common areas and high-touch areas and floors and cleaned and sanitized regularly, including after each guest departure.
- Removal of Items for Your Safety
We're now offering disposable, single-use menus at our dining outlets. Shared items such as salt and pepper shakers, condiment bottles, etc. have been removed from tables.
- Pool Cabana
Food and drinks are available daily on the pool deck.
- Guests will not need to visit registration to check-out. Copies of their final bill can be emailed, faxed or mailed upon request.
Employee Health and Safety:
- Our team is receiving daily briefings, enhanced operating protocols, and on-going trainings in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations. Their safety is of the utmost importance to us and we're committed to ensuring they stay safe while welcoming and servicing our guests.
- COVID-19 Training
All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, and Hotel Operations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering the hotel will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask while on property. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping and public area attendants.
- Wellness Checks
All employees will be required to have a non¬invasive temperature check utilizing a touchless thermometer at the start of every shift. Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.0°F will sent home and not allowed to work that day and will be directed towards appropriate medical care. Anyone unable to work for three consecutive days will need a doctor's note to return to work.
The business center and gym are currently closed per county health orders.
- The Med dining room is currently closed.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
- In response to the uncertainty and changing marketplace conditions, La Valencia Hotel is committed to ensuring our guests' experience flexibility and understanding during these challenging times. With this in mind, we are implementing the following policies:
- All new and existing reservations arriving July 1st onwards can be rescheduled or canceled three days prior to arrival by 12pm PST free of charge.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
We're Here When You're Ready
- We're grateful for the continued support of our loving community and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- While we hope to see you, if you have symptoms of illness, please stay home and avoid contact with other people. We truly thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this new travel environment. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- For the most updated information on COVID-19 safety procedures and protocols, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.