Updated as of Jan. 25, 2021*
As of Jan. 25, the regional stay-at-home order has been lifted in southern California. La Valencia Hotel is open for all travel in accordance with the State of California.
We're currently open for outdoor dining on property and continue to offer takeout dining.
For more information about California guidelines, please click here.
What to expect During Your Stay
While your next trip to the Pink Lady might look a little different, our dedication to providing a safe and comfortable stay for our guests remains the same. With safety at the forefront, we're following the guidance of San Diego County, the CDC and World Health Organization. Please continue reading to learn more about the enhancements we've made to our already strict cleaning standards and what to expect during your next visit to the heart of La Jolla.
- Face Coverings
Per the San Diego County Health Ordinance, all employees and guests are required to wear a face covering in all indoor areas (unless seated at a dining table) and in outdoor areas when they are within six feet of another person. Extra masks are available at the front desk upon request.
- Physical Distancing
The front desk, restaurants and common areas have been arranged to maintain six feet distance and protective glass has been installed. Physical distancing floor markers are placed throughout the property to maintain proper social distance. All guests should maintain a distance of six feet from others.
- Self-Parking Only
To achieve social distancing requirements, we are offering self-parking only for guests. Valet parking is currently unavailable.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitation Standards
The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk counters, bell desks, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas. We use cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations
Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the property for guest use.
- Air Filter & HVAC Cleaning
The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased and fresh air exchange will be maximized.
- Hotel Pool & Jacuzzi
Both our pool and jacuzzi are currently open. In accordance with state guidelines, only one household group is allowed inside the jacuzzi at a time. Guests may remove face coverings while in the hot tub and pool, but must wear them as required when outside of the water.
Elevator capacity is limited, depending upon the size of the elevator. Signage is posted to explain the current procedures. Elevator buttons and high-touch surfaces are sanitized regularly.
- Thorough Cleaning & Sanitation Protocol
Guest rooms will be cleaned by a staff member wearing masks and gloves. Industry leading cleaning and sanitizing protocols will be used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks and flooring. All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Removal of Items for Your Safety
For your safety, certain items have been removed from your room such as magazines, pens, notepads, glassware, etc. Should you need any of these items during your stay, please call our front desk and a member of our team will gladly deliver them.
- Laundry & Housekeeping
Stay over service will be available upon request only. Please let a member of our team know if you'd like to schedule your room to be serviced during your stay. For the health and safety of our team members and guests, guests must be out of the room while our housekeeping team is servicing. If you do not wish to request housekeeping service, we're happy to deliver fresh towels and toiletries upon request. All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility.
- In-Room Dining
Room service is available and will be served with contactless delivery.
- During your Stay
Should you become ill, self-isolate, contact local health authorities and notify us immediately. We will promptly take additional protocols for your safety and the safety of others.
- We're open for outdoor dining in accordance with county and state regulations.
In addition to on-property dining, we continue to offer takeout dining options.
- Dining Hours
Sunday - Thursday | 7:00am to 8:00pm
Friday & Saturday | 7:00am to 9:00pm
- Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols
Tables, chairs, common areas and high-touch areas and floors and cleaned and sanitized regularly, including after each guest departure.
- Pool Cabana
Food and drinks are available poolside. (Hours subject to change).
- Guests will not need to visit registration to check-out. Guests can check out on their in-room TV and copies of their final bill can be emailed, faxed or mailed upon request.
Fitness Center & Business Center
- The fitness center and business center are open at limited capacity to accommodate one guest at a time in accordance with the county and state.
Our Team's Promise
- Our team is receiving daily briefings, enhanced operating protocols, and on-going trainings in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations. Their safety is of the utmost importance to us and we're committed to ensuring they stay safe while welcoming and servicing our guests.
- COVID-19 Training
All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, and Hotel Operations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering the hotel will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask while on property. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping and public area attendants.
- Wellness Checks
All employees will be required to have a non¬invasive temperature check utilizing a touchless thermometer at the start of every shift. Anyone displaying a temperature over 100.0°F will sent home and not allowed to work that day and will be directed towards appropriate medical care. Anyone unable to work for three consecutive days will need a doctor's note to return to work.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
- In response to the uncertainty and changing marketplace conditions, La Valencia Hotel is committed to ensuring our guests' experience flexibility and understanding during these challenging times. With this in mind, we are implementing the following policies:
- All new and existing reservations arriving July 1st onwards can be rescheduled or canceled three days prior to arrival by 12pm PST free of charge.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
We're Here When You're Ready
- We're grateful for the continued support of our loving community and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- While we hope to see you, if you have symptoms of illness, please stay home and avoid contact with other people. We truly thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this new travel environment. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
- For the most updated information on COVID-19 safety procedures and protocols, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.