Recipe by Chef James Montejano
Serves 4 people
- 4 heirloom tomatoes (sliced into wedges)
- 1 container of cherry heirloom tomatoes (sliced in half)
- ¼ of a watermelon (sliced into cubes)
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 cup arugula
- 8 ounces Burrata cheese
- 4 cups organic greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and watermelon in a bowl. Toss in the zest of one lemon and chopped parsley.
2. Add arugula, ½ cup olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to vita-mix/blender and blend until smooth.
3. Drain Burrata cheese. Whip in a stainless steel bowl with ¼ cup EVOO and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until smooth.
4. Arrange the tomatoes and watermelon mixture on plate. Toss organic greens in remaining EVOO and add on top of tomatoes and watermelon. Place a few dollups of the Burrata cheese around the salad. Drizzle with arugula puree.